Drop us a line to say Hi.
How does it work?
Clerk® Business Advisor will get in touch with you.
Clerk® will Prepare all the Paperwork.
Sign and send back the documents.
Clerk® will file your Startup Application after which you can start your Business.
Know the Basics
What is Startup?
A startup is a newly established business, usually small, started by 1 or a group of individuals. What differentiates it from other new businesses is that a startup offers a new product or service that is not being given elsewhere in the same way. The keyword is innovation. The business either develops a new product/ service or redevelops a current product/service into something better.
What is Startup India?
Startup India, initiated by the Government of India is a flagship initiative launched in January 2016. This initiative is taken by the government of India to boost the ecosystem for supporting innovation and startups in India. Through this scheme, the government is looking forward to driving sustainable economic development and enhance employment opportunities in India. The government of India recently announced the Startup India action plan to meet the requirements of this initiative.
How to register in Startup?
Step 1: Incorporate your business
Step 2: Register with Startup India
Step 3: Documents to be uploaded (in PDF format only)
- A letter of recommendation/support
- Incorporation/Registration Certificate
- Description of your business in brief
Step 4: Answer whether you would like to avail tax benefits
Step 5: Finally, you must self-certify that you satisfy the following conditions
Step 6: Immediately get recognition number
Step 7: Other areas
- Patents, trademarks and/or design registration
Benefits for startup India
The benefits for startup India
- Startups will be permitted to self-certify compliance with nine labor laws and environmental laws. In the case of labor laws, no inspection will be conducted for three years.
- Startup India enables companies to register through their mobile application and upload relevant documents. There will also be single-window clearances for approvals, registrations and filing compliances among other things.
- The patent filing approach will be simplified. The Startup will enjoy a rebate of 80% of the fee in the patent application. The startup will bear only the statutory fees and the government will bear all facilitator fees.
- The Startup India program will encourage research and innovation among students who are aspiring entrepreneurs and seven new research parks will be set up to provide facilities for startups in the R&D sector.
- Equal opportunities will be provided for both startups and experienced entrepreneurs. Earlier this was not possible because all applicants required either ‘prior experience’ or a ‘prior turnover’. But now, public appropriation norms have been relaxed for startups.
Start your Business
Clerk® India is obsessed with helping startup founders get government compliances right. Get your paperwork out of the way so you can get back to building your startup.