Drop us a line to say Hi.
How does it work?
Clerk® Copyright Advisor will get in touch with you.
Clerk® will Prepare the Power of Attorney and Declaration of Use.
Sign and send back the documents.
Clerk® will file your Copyright Application.
Know the Basics
What is a Copyright?
Copyright is a kind of intellectual property protection like trademark and patents. Copyright registration is done following the Copyright Act, 1957. With copyright registration, you become a legal owner of your creative work in respect of books, paintings, music, website, etc. Copyright registration with the authority secures the creative work of the author cannot be copied. No person is allowed to use the same without the permission of the author or creator. The author is entitled to charge others for using his work or changing it. Copyrights registration safeguards the rights of the inventor from infringement.
In India, the registration gives its owner exclusive, individual rights to distribute, replicate, reproduce the work or give authorization to another entity for the same. It offers a bunch of rights – communication to the public, rights of reproduction, adaptation, and translation of the work. However, ideas, procedures, methods of operation or mathematical concepts cannot be copyrighted.
Documents Required for Copyright Registration
Advantages of Copyright Registration
Why Copyright Registration?
Copyright registration is very important for the one who creates something unique. Copyright secures companies, authors, writers, software developers, etc. They offer several benefits:
- When the work gets copyrighted, it is made available free on the public records, thereby creating the ownership.
- In the case of copyright infringement, the authors can sue the infringers to secure their work and claim statutory damages
- The owners can record the registration with Indian customs and prevent importing duplicate copies
- Any by-product or derivative can be made from the original registered work
- The rights can be passed or sold to third-party with no objection
- Copyright protection enables the owners to exhibit their wor
Start your Business
Clerk® India is obsessed with helping startup founders get government compliances right. Get your paperwork out of the way so you can get back to building your startup.